- I2BC promotes access to science by providing freely available online services, database and software relating to data contributed from life science experiments to the largest possible community. Where we present scientific data generated by others we impose no additional restriction on the use of the contributed data than those provided by the data owner.
- I2BC expects attribution (e.g. in publications, services or products) for any of its online services, databases or software in accordance with good scientific practice. The expected attribution will be indicated on the appropriate web page.
- Any feedback provided to I2BC on its online services will be treated as non-confidential unless the individual or organisation providing the feedback states otherwise.
- I2BC is not liable to you or third parties claiming through you, for any loss or damage.
- User data held by I2BC will only be released in exceptional circumstances when required by law or judicial or regulatory order. I2BC may make information about the total volume of usage of particular software or data available to the public and third party organisations who supply the software or databases without details of any individual's use.
- Users of I2BC online services agree not to attempt to use any I2BC computers, files or networks apart from through the service interfaces provided.
- I2BC will make all reasonable effort to maintain continuity of these online services and provide adequate warning of any changes or discontinuities. However, I2BC accepts no responsibility for the consequences of any temporary or permanent discontinuity in service.
- Any attempt to use I2BC online services to a level that prevents, or looks likely to prevent, I2BC providing services to others, will result in the use being blocked. I2BC will attempt to contact the user to discuss their needs and how (and if) these can be met from other sources.
- If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to our websites or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any of our services, we may use your personal information from our security logs to stop such behaviour. Where we reasonably believe that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties about the content and your behaviour.
- Software that can be run from the I2BC webpages may be used by any individual for any purpose unless specific exceptions are stated on the web page. Any software from I2BC made available for download through our web pages (either directly or from third party repositories) will have its own individual license agreement.
- I2BC has implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security which we deem appropriate, taking into account the categories of data we collect and the way we process it.
- I2BC does not accept responsibility for the consequences of any breach of the confidentiality of I2BC site by third parties.
- The online data services and databases of I2BC are generated in part from data contributed by the community who remain the data owners.
- I2BC itself places no additional restrictions on the use or redistribution of the data available via its online services other than those provided by the original data owners.
- I2BC does not guarantee the accuracy of any provided data, generated database, software or online service nor the suitability of databases, software and online services for any purpose.
- The original data may be subject to rights claimed by third parties, including but not limited to, patent, copyright, other intellectual property rights, biodiversity-related access and benefit-sharing rights. It is the responsibility of users of I2BC services to ensure that their exploitation of the data does not infringe any of the rights of such third parties.
Last Revised: 20 September 2018